What to do if K-eTA is denied?
If your K-eTA is denied, you should contact our support team to inquire and find out why. You can reach us via phone or email.
If you want to avoid these two most common mistakes that deny the K-eTA application, double-check your passport’s validity and all the data you entered in the online form.
Can K-eTA is denied?
Can You Appeal if You Get K-eTA is Denied A Visa? If you think the reason you have been denied is not valid, then you can submit an appeal. The Korean Embassy does not accept appeals.
You can make a letter of appeal addressed to the Korean Consul with your documents and additional supporting documents, like flight booking, hotel reservation, and detailed itinerary.
Why K-eTA Denied, and K-eTA Denied Reason?
If you’re K-eTA is denied, you can start the application process again after 6 months.
7 Reasons Why Your South Korea K-eTA is denied
Your Passport Is Invalid
To be able to travel abroad, you need a valid passport. One of the requirements for getting a tourist K-eTA in South Korea is at least 6 months until your passport expires.
Your passport needs to be valid and up-to-date. If you have more than six months until your departure and your passport expires within the next year, you need to make an appointment and renew your passport.
If you plan a trip abroad in the next six months and your passport expires within the next year, make an appointment with your nearest passport acceptance facility as soon as possible.
You Are Prohibited To Enter Korea Per Korean Immigration Law No. 11 Sec. 1 (Prohibition Of Entry).
According to South Korea’s Immigration Law, this is Article 11 (Prohibition of Entry) Section 1:
“(1) The Minister of Justice may prohibit the entry of a foreigner who falls under any of the following subparagraphs:
- Persons carrying an epidemic disease, narcotic addicts, or other persons deemed likely to cause danger and harm to the public health;
- Persons who intend to enter the Republic of Korea unlawfully carry firearms, guns, swords, explosives, etc., as prescribed by the Control of Firearms, Swords, Explosives, etc. Act;
- Persons deemed highly likely to commit any act detrimental to the interest of the Republic of Korea or public safety;
- Persons deemed highly likely to commit any act detrimental to the economic or social order or good morals;
- Mentally disabled persons who are void of a capacity of discriminating sense and have no person to assist their sojourn activities in the Republic of Korea, a person who is void of bearing the sojourn expenses in the Republic of Korea, and other persons in need of relief;
- Persons for whom five years have not elapsed after departure from the Republic of Korea under a deportation order;
- Persons who have taken part in the slaughter or cruel treatment of people on the grounds of race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, political opinion, etc. under instructions from or in liaison with the Japanese government, any government which was in alliance with the Japanese government, or any government on which the Japanese government exercised predominant influence from August 29, 1910, until August 15, 1945; and
- Persons who correspond to any subparagraphs 1 through 7 and are deemed by the Minister of Justice as persons whose entries are improper.”
If you are from a country with outbreaks of COVID-19 and have been to China recently, it might be good to get tested or K-eTA is denied.
South Korea can’t be your home for the next five years if word gets out that you’re an illegal immigrant from the USA.
Our Record Shows That You Have Previously Violated The Korean Law.
Suppose you have been to South Korea and did something not permitted or something that violates their laws. In that case, your K-eTA is denied another South Korea Visa. No country would like it if a lawbreaker came back to their country.
The US has a stricter visa waiver system that does not allow citizens from certain countries to travel without a visa, even if they carry a passport from the country of interest.
Be sure to obey Korean law when visiting as an international tourist. Example:
- If your tourist visa is expired, you are breaking the law and might not be able to return to your home country.
- Don’t go beyond the date you are allowed to stay. If you are only allowed 15 days, don’t pass your limit and get fined.
- Watch your temper! Lousy behavior like starting fights helps no one.
- You Failed To Submit The Required Document Completely
Below are some requirements and notes:
- Application Form – Try not to be too hard on yourself. Sometimes even the most thorough of texts are not answered correctly or aren’t neat. It happens.
Passport-Sized Photo – I can’t attach this file to such a form because it’s not the correct size.
- Original passport – invalid passport.
You K-eTA is denied To Qualify For The Visa Category That You Have Applied For
There are different types of visas for different purposes, with some time limits. However, there are exceptions, such as the C Visas for Short term visits and D Visas for the artist, trainees, job seekers, or students.
There are also K-eTA for those working in South Korea and F Visas for those with relatives in SK or married to a citizen of the Republic of Korea.
If the embassy thinks your visa application is irrelevant, they’ll usually decline it. For example, suppose you’re applying for a tourist visa, and your husband/wife lives in South Korea. In that case, they’ll think that’s not applicable.
Suppose you’re not in tourism and don’t provide any related documents. In that case, your keto application should be K-eTA is denied.
The embassy might also want to know what you’ll do for two months and question you about it. But in some cases, if you apply for a visit visa, mostly they will only need your partner’s passport and alien registration card to process the application.
One of the most common reasons Americans get K-eTA is denied to go to Korea is because they lack funds. You should at least have USD 100 per day, extra cash for flights, and enough income (without having to be paid).
The Documents You Have Submitted Cannot Be Verified.
Suppose you’re applying for a visa abroad. In that case, some embassies might ask you to provide copies of documents showing your income, like a bank certificate or employment certification. They might also ask for documentation proving your education credentials or that you’ve reserved a place to stay.
Please ensure they can be reached by an answering service – either a landline or a contact form. Concerning your hotel reservation, you can reserve one that cancels automatically.
You Failed To Prove The Purpose Of Entry To Korea.
The purpose of this article is to provide insight into the Korean immigration process and to help people who are planning to visit Korea.
- Purpose of Entry
- Visa Requirements
- Documents Required
- Entry Process
- Rules and Regulations
K-eTA is denied Summary
To summarize why the K-eTA is denied, the main reasons are improper filling of the application without checking your documents before the application.
The main things you need to remember:
Check your documents before submitting them – passport validity – is most important.
Submit the request before purchasing a flight ticket, etc. Avoid time pressure and unnecessary waste of money.
The most effective advice for you, use Aid-Air services for K-eTA to South Korea. With our service, you don’t need to check the documents or fill out forms.
We check your passport and prepare the applications properly according to official requirements.